What makes one community a better place to live than another? Of course, we all have our own preferences. Some people want safe neighbourhoods, others like areas with good schools. Many look for nearby entertainment and dining options.
If there’s one big reason to love York Region real estate, it is that the area offers all those things, and more.
5 Reasons to Love York Region Real Estate
If you’re wondering where to buy your next home, consider the following reasons why York Region is a smart choice.
1. Its Diversity – Normally when we say a community is diverse, we mean that it has something for people of all cultures. Markham is Canada’s most diverse city. York Region’s other cities, including Richmond Hill, and Vaughan are not far behind.
But York Region offers diversity in so many other ways too. You can live an urban life in Downtown Markham or right on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill. If you prefer suburban homes, you can find resales and brand new developments all across the region. If you want something really different, like living on the shores of Lake Simcoe while still being close to work, you can have that too.
2. It’s Safety – The cities, towns and communities of York Region boast some of the lowest crime statistics in the GTA. Best of all, the area offers safe communities without sacrificing the conveniences of urban and suburban living.
3. The Schools are Highly Ranked – You need to look no further than the Fraser Institute rankings of elementary and high schools in Ontario to find many York Region schools among the leading institutions in the province.
4. You Can Live & Work Here – Living in York Region doesn’t mean you have to commute anywhere. While the region is known for its rapid growth as a place to live, employment opportunities have grown just as quickly.
5. Lots of Recreational Options – We can even begin to describe even a fraction of what there is to do for fun and recreation here. From extensive community programs in the arts, sports and cultural activities, to taking a walk in the wilderness, it’s all here.
Written by Tar Team